The Filet Mignon is an incredible 6 oz cut from the best part of a cow - tenderloin. This cut is a perfect option for your family and friends' BBQ. The meat is packed in a vacuum bag to ensure the highest quality and freshness of a product.
Let the meat come to room temperature before cooking. Preserves the juices inside and allows for a more even cook all the way through.
If the meat was frozen:
Defrost the meat in a cooler for a day prior cooking. Muscle fibers will reabsorb some of the moisture in a vacuumed sealed bag.
Today we’ll cook the King of Steaks – filet mignon from Near North Meats. 🥩
The ideal filet mignon doesn’t require any marinade. We won’t use anything except salt, pepper and oil.
1. Salt the meat 40-60 min before the cooking and let it heat up to the room temperature.
2. While the meat is heated, get the grill ready. We use a charcoal grill as it allows us to control the heat. Put all charcoal on one side of the grill to make hot and cold parts.
3. Drizzle the steak with oil and cook it on the ‘cold’ part until it gets the proper temperature. And only after that cook the steak on the hot part to create a crispy crust and develop the flavour. You can control the roast degree with the help of the thermometer.
4. For medium roast put the steak on the ‘hot’ side of the grill when the temperature reaches 43-46 C and fry the meat on both sides.
5. Pepper the steak generously and don’t forget to leave it to ‘rest’ for 5-10 min before you cut it.
Serve and enjoy your perfectly made steak.