New York Steak
We have portioned one of the best cuts - Striploin, into incredible 12oz New York Steaks. This is the perfect option for your family and friends BBQ. THE MEAT IS PACKED SEPARATELY IN VACUUMED BAGS TO ENSURE THE HIGH QUALITY AND FRESHNESS OF THE PRODUCT.
Let the meat come to room temperature before cooking. Preserves the juices inside and allows for a more even cook all the way through.
If the meat was frozen:
Defrost the meat in a cooler for a day prior cooking. Muscle fibers will reabsorb some of the moisture in a vacuumed sealed bag.
The secret of the successful 🥩recipe of steak New York:
1. Buy the New York striploin at nnmeats.ca
2. Take the steak out of the cooler and let it warm up to the room temperature.
3. Season the steak with a little bit of oil at both sides. The best choice is refined olive oil.
4. Fry the steak 1 min each side at the maximum heat. The sugar which is inside the meat will caramelize and make a crispy crust which will keep all juice inside.
5. Slightly reduce the heat and get the steak ready in 6-7 min, regularly turning it over.
6. One minute before it is ready add 30 gr of butter, a sprig of rosemary and thyme. Tilit the pan to one side and base the steak with the juice to get the aromas of herbs.
7. Take off the steak and leave it for 2-3 min to ‘rest’. This time is enough for juice to spread evenly over the fibers and the steak itself will stay juicy and tasty.
8. Add salt and pepper. Cut the stake at an angle.